At Specifica, we foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, equality and diversity, offering a comprehensive benefits and lifestyle package.
Make a difference
Email us at [email protected] with your CV and a cover letter telling us how you can make a difference at Specifica.
All Current Vacancies
Antibody Discovery Research associate
Specifica is a rapidly growing Biotech company located in the Santa Fe Railyard, Santa Fe, NM. Specifica launched in 2016 with the mission to provide Biotech and Pharma companies with the best antibody libraries and antibody engineering/discovery services in the field. Our library designs undergo continuous improvement in order to streamline the bench-to-drug development of antibody therapeutics. We make exclusive libraries for partners, as well as carrying out discovery, affinity maturations and custom projects to help partners in their antibody discovery efforts.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a skilled research associate, with 3+ years experience in biotech or pharma, to join our antibody discovery team.
The team carries out selections from Specifica’s Generation 3 antibody library platform, using a combination of phage and yeast display.
You are independent, enthusiastic, curious, and a strong team player. You have a very strong attention to detail and are keen to join an exciting cutting edge biotech company. You are a skilled molecular biologist. You perform well under pressure and respect deadlines. You have experience with electronic notebooks or are willing to learn.
Working with scientists with a wide range of expertise (antibody engineering and discovery, NGS, AI and bioinformatics), you will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of basic and cutting-edge technologies in antibody library production and antibody discovery.
- Your primary responsibility will be to select antibodies from Specifica’s Generation 3 libraries using a combination of phage and yeast display.
- Masters in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, Immunology or related life science fields with 3+ years relevant experience, preferably in biotech or pharma
- Mastery of molecular biology including PCR, cloning, primer design and sequence analysis
- Able to follow, understand and write/edit SOPs
- Inclined to streamline processes
- Very strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and stick to deadlines
- Collaborative, helpful, willing to learn and a strong team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Desired expertise, but not required:
- Flow cytometry and sorting
- Yeast and/or phage display
- Antibody engineering/cloning/affinity maturation
- Recombinant protein expression
- Project management
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- 401K with company contribution independent of employee contribution
- Stock options
- Conference attendance and publication encouraged
- Two-week shutdown over Christmas/New Year
- Generous vacation/sick time
- Work in the heart of Santa Fe in new custom designed labs
Excellent work/life balance
Click on the button below to get in touch with us and find out more information about this vacancy.
Find out more about
what we do
Our team of highly collaborative, creative, hard-working professionals.