PhD scientist – Antibody Library Production
Specifica is a rapidly growing Biotech company located in the Santa Fe Railyard, Santa Fe, NM. Specifica launched in 2016 with the mission to provide Biotech and Pharma companies with the best antibody libraries and antibody engineering/discovery services in the field. Our library designs undergo continuous improvement in order to streamline the bench-to-drug development of antibody therapeutics. We make exclusive libraries for partners, as well as carrying out discovery, affinity maturations and custom projects to help partners in their antibody discovery efforts.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a PhD scientist, preferably with experience in biotech or pharma, to join our antibody library production team. You will construct antibody libraries using PCR, cloning, phage/yeast display and other molecular biological techniques, as well as carrying out phage production, and full library quality control using next generation sequencing and other techniques.
You are independent, enthusiastic, curious, and a strong team player. You have a very strong attention to detail and are keen to join an exciting cutting edge biotech company. You are a skilled molecular biologist interested in building antibody libraries. You perform well under pressure and respect deadlines. You have experience with electronic notebooks or are willing to learn.
Working with a scientists with a wide range of expertise (antibody engineering and discovery, NGS, AI and bioinformatics), you will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of basic and cutting-edge technologies in antibody library production and antibody discovery.
Your primary responsibility will be to build and quality control innovative antibody libraries.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, Immunology or related life science fields with 2-10 years relevant experience, preferably in biotech or pharma
- Mastery of molecular biology including PCR, cloning, primer design and sequence analysis
- Experience with writing, editing and following SOPs
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, helpful, willing to learn and a strong team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Desired expertise, but not required:
- Library cloning and generation (antibody, cDNA etc.)
- Next generation sequencing: familiarity with platforms and sample preparation
- Flow cytometry and sorting
- Yeast and/or phage display
- Antibody engineering
- Mammalian cell culture techniques
- Recombinant protein expression
- Genetic manipulation of cerevisae
- Project management
Click on the button below to get in touch with us and find out more information about this vacancy.