PhD scientist – Lead Antibody Library Production
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a senior PhD scientist, preferably with experience in biotech or pharma, to establish and lead our antibody library production team. You and your team will construct antibody libraries using PCR, cloning, phage/yeast display and other molecular biological techniques, as well as carrying out phage production, and full library quality control using next generation sequencing and other techniques.
You are independent, enthusiastic, curious, and a strong team player. You have a strong attention to detail with interest in establishing and leading a manufacturing operation. You have experience with electronic notebooks or are willing to learn. Working with a small group of scientists with a wide range of expertise (antibody engineering and discovery, NGS, AI and bioinformatics), you will have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of basic and cutting-edge technologies in antibody library production and discovery.
Your primary responsibility will be to build and quality control innovative antibody libraries.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, Immunology or related life science fields with 2-10 years relevant experience, preferably in biotech or pharma
- Mastery of molecular biology including PCR, cloning, primer design and sequence analysis
- Experience with writing, editing and following SOPs
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative, helpful, willing to learn and a strong team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Desired expertise, but not required:
- Library cloning and generation (antibody, cDNA etc.)
- Next generation sequencing: familiarity with platforms and sample preparation
- Flow cytometry and sorting
- Yeast and/or phage display
- Antibody engineering
- Mammalian cell culture techniques
- Recombinant protein expression
- Genetic manipulation of cerevisae
- Project management
Click on the button below to get in touch with us and find out more information about this vacancy.